10 Facts About Israel
9. Israelis consume the third most amount of vegetables and sweets in the world.
8. Israel was the first country to ban underweight models.
7. Israel won the Eurovision song competition three times. The last time they won, they were represented by a transgender pop star, Dana International.
6. The Mount of Olives in Jerusalem is the oldest, continually used cemetery in the world.
5. The first antivirus software for computers was created in Israel in 1979. Voicemail technology was developed in Israel. Motorola developed the cell phone in Israel.
4. Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed in Israel by Microsoft.
3. Israel is the only country in the Middle East where women enjoy full political rights.
2. The Dead Sea in Israel is the lowest point on earth, at 1,315 feet below sea level at its lowest point.
1. Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.