From the north to the south, from the east to the west, “feel the beat” of the unique experience that is visiting Israel. Dance to the rhythms of a rich culture; discover the biblical landscapes, enjoy the diversity of traditions, in the ancient modern country of Israel.
For the long version click here
Beyond protecting Israel’s citizens, our soldiers embrace another role: serving a source of relief for people all over the world. From Japan to Haiti, from Nepal to the Philippines, our soldiers have worked miracles and saved lives.
9. Israelis consume the third most amount of vegetables and sweets in the world.
8. Israel was the first country to ban underweight models.
7. Israel won the Eurovision song competition three times. The last time they won, they were represented by a transgender pop star, Dana International.
6. The Mount of Olives in Jerusalem is the oldest, continually used cemetery in the world.
5. The first antivirus software for computers was created in Israel in 1979. Voicemail technology was developed in Israel. Motorola developed the cell phone in Israel.
4. Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed in Israel by Microsoft.
3. Israel is the only country in the Middle East where women enjoy full political rights.
2. The Dead Sea in Israel is the lowest point on earth, at 1,315 feet below sea level at its lowest point.
1. Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.
This is Israel: a fast-paced view of a fast-paced nation, that also knows how to relax and have fun. Blessed with beautiful landscapes, life in Israel is jam-packed with energizing events, cutting-edge technologies and exciting people. From parties to prayers, beaches to bicycles, visitors to Israel can look forward to an unforgettable experience… and great food.
Via: Israel on Youtube
About ten years ago, Doron left the army to found Aleh Negev, a rehabilitative village located in Ofakim in southern Israel, that provides severely disabled young adults the opportunity to live a rich and productive life within a safe environment. The village is the largest of the ALEH network of residential facilities for children with severe disabilities. After Eran’s death in 2007 at age 23, Aleh Negev’s name was changed to Nachalat Eran.
KOLture Shock and Im Tirtzu teamed up for a flash mob on the Jerusalem light rail. Enjoy
Tikkun Olam Make-a-thon (TOM), is a global community of makers that want to make the world a better place.
This initiative aims to develop products that answer challenges presented by real people and aim for the needs of those in extreme poverty in developing and developed countries.
The IDF operates a field hospital in the Golan Heights to treat wounded Syrian civilians affected by the civil war ravaging the country. “We help civilians who are injured by Syrian Army attacks or by the rebels,” asserts Golani Company Commander Maj. Simon Sisso.
Are you on the side that believes in open debates, or the side that represses free speech? The side that sanctifies life, or the side that worships death? If you are on the side of freedom & democracy, you stand on Israel’s side.
On January 7, 2015, a Palestinian man was caught in a snow storm, trapping him in his car near Hebron. IDF soldiers from the Etzion Regional Brigade rescued the man, released his car, and provided him with heating packs. The forces escorted the man to a sheltered location so he could return home safely.
Israel has become the most reviled of states; and the international Left—world church bodies, British labor unions, American human rights groups and the like—has been especially vociferous in its condemnations. But, ironically, Israel’s humane accomplishments in the very realms that the Left most cherishes compare favorably with those of most other countries. This is especially true if Israel is compared with other countries in its region, or with other countries under external duress, or with the other states born after World War Two that have so often stumbled at nation-building. This video shows that in the achievement of liberty, equality, fraternity, Israel is one of the world’s most remarkable and admirable societies.
An inspirational presentation of Brigadier General Professor Yitshak Kreiss who is talking about medicine, contribution, humanity, leadership and the IDF.