We’ve all heard the rumours. Danger. Warzone. Scary.
Israel is not a safe place to travel to, and this video explains why.
A video by Noy Leyb and Maya Gilady
Jerusalem is the pulsating heart of Israel’s story throughout history, where old and new, East and West, religious and secular, all meet. To celebrate Israel’s 69th Independence Day, we’d like to sing and take you on a dance through the beautiful capital of Israel. Let’s Join Nadav and Tamar as they meet and swing through the city’s magical sites. Shall we?
From the north to the south, from the east to the west, “feel the beat” of the unique experience that is visiting Israel. Dance to the rhythms of a rich culture; discover the biblical landscapes, enjoy the diversity of traditions, in the ancient modern country of Israel.
For the long version click here
9. Israelis consume the third most amount of vegetables and sweets in the world.
8. Israel was the first country to ban underweight models.
7. Israel won the Eurovision song competition three times. The last time they won, they were represented by a transgender pop star, Dana International.
6. The Mount of Olives in Jerusalem is the oldest, continually used cemetery in the world.
5. The first antivirus software for computers was created in Israel in 1979. Voicemail technology was developed in Israel. Motorola developed the cell phone in Israel.
4. Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed in Israel by Microsoft.
3. Israel is the only country in the Middle East where women enjoy full political rights.
2. The Dead Sea in Israel is the lowest point on earth, at 1,315 feet below sea level at its lowest point.
1. Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.
This is Israel: a fast-paced view of a fast-paced nation, that also knows how to relax and have fun. Blessed with beautiful landscapes, life in Israel is jam-packed with energizing events, cutting-edge technologies and exciting people. From parties to prayers, beaches to bicycles, visitors to Israel can look forward to an unforgettable experience… and great food.
Via: Israel on Youtube
You can’t smell the heavenly scent of chocolate in this video about Tel Aviv’s Chocolate Festival, but the sights alone are sure to get your mouth watering.
What is the secret of Israel’s high life expectancy? The video offers some of the answers:”There are many things that add to the good life in Israel,” says Desiree Massad, General Manager, Protea Retirement Village.”This is a country that lives outdoors. Sit outside for 8 or 9 months of the year and enjoy the fresh air and the sunny days.”
Join a sailing in Northern Israel’s Sea of Galilee (Kineret), where holy sites, natural beauty and many tourist atractions come together.